Please read the full document (attached) for all the details and talking points!
• Provide your name and address, and let them know you supports wildlife rehabilitators in our area that are affected by this bill. If you live in the Senator’s district, be sure to mention it.
• Describe why you feel wildlife rehabilitation is important to the community at large and inform your Senators that wildlife rehabilitators proride care to our Native VA wildlife at no charge to the public.
• Be sure to inform your Senator that this bill does NOT allow wildlife rehabilitators to do the things only a vet can/should do. All wildlife rehabilitators work with a licensed veterinarian who signs their permits annually agreeing to perform veterinary services beyond our capabilities such as x-rays, surgeries, and lab work (just to name a few). It simply allows you to do the thing the vet does not need to do, or is not able to do.
• BE NICE and BE SPECIFIC…. You want them to VOTE IN FAVOR OF THIS BILL. Don’t ask them to “consider it”. Don’t stop by telling them why you support it. Ask for their vote in favor of the bill, and ask them to keep you informed of the progress of the bill.
• Remember, these people we elect work for us in Richmond, but will only do what we want if we tell them what that is.
Go to www.virginiageneralassembly.gov and contact the following to vote for SB 413 to help our wildlife.
Christie Ann Bieber Senator Hanger - email@example.com
Senator Watkins - firstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Puckett... - email@example.com
Senator Ruff - firstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Obenshain - email@example.com
Senator McEachin - firstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Petersen - email@example.com
Senator Stuart - firstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Marsden - email@example.com
Senator Stanley - firstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Black - email@example.com
Senator Miller - firstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Ebbin - email@example.com
You can follow the progress of this Bill via the link listed below: